Windermere Stellar Brokers Donated
$18,000 in the First Quarter
PORTLAND, Ore. — April 15, 2014 — Brokers from Windermere Stellar donated more than $18,000 in the first quarter of this year to six local schools and nonprofit organizations to benefit programs serving low-income children and families. The donation recipients included:
- Autism Society of Oregon — empowers individuals with autism and provides support and information to their families and caretakers. The donation will be used to fund monthly support groups for parents and families affected by autism.
- Clatsop CASA — provides court appointed advocates for children in the child welfare system and will use the funds to train new volunteers.
- Lincoln High School Foundation — raises money to improve the education of students in all Portland Public Schools by helping to fund salaries for teachers.
- Multnomah Playschool — a cooperative preschool committed to providing a diverse and accepting environment during students’ early childhood education. The funds will provide scholarships for low-income students.
- Rose City Rowing Homeless Youth Project — provides rowing lessons to homeless youth living in the Portland area.
- St. Andrew’s Nativity School — provides a tuition-free academically challenging curriculum to low-income, at-risk middle school students. The funds will purchase gardening supplies for its “Open to Growth in Food” program, which teaches students about nutrition and cooking.
Windermere has a long-standing tradition of assisting low-income families and giving to the community. In addition to helping these local programs, Windermere associates participate in annual community service projects and donate a portion of every commission to the Windermere Foundation — a nonprofit organization that has raised and donated more than $2 million to programs in support of those who need our help the most in the Portland metro and north Oregon Coast area.
About Windermere Stellar
With eleven offices spread throughout Portland, Vancouver, Lake Oswego, West Linn and the north Oregon coast, Windermere Stellar is the leading locally owned real estate company in the area. For every home that is bought or sold through Windermere, Brokers donate a portion of each commission to the Windermere Foundation, which supports low-income and homeless children and families in our communities. In Oregon, Windermere has raised more than $2 million for the Windermere Foundation. Organizations such as Bridge Meadows, New Avenues for Youth, and Providence Portland Medical Foundation’s guest housing have been supported.
# # #