Today the Windermere Foundation received this thank you letter from Maverick Main Stage Productions, a nonprofit that provides low-income youth in Northeast Portland the opportunity to express their creativity and talent through theater. It is one of the many organizations the Foundation has supported in the third quarter of this year.
Looking back over the donations made throughout July, August and September, the Windermere Foundation donated $20,750 to 10 nonprofits in the Portland metro and north Oregon coast area!
- Assistance League of Columbia Pacific – Provides new clothing to low-income youth so they can start the new school year with confidence.
- Astoria Rescue Mission – Supports homeless families during times of crisis by providing food, shelter, clothing and transitional services.
- Betties360 – Builds self-esteem and a sense of possibility in low-income girls through outdoor and athletic adventure, from rock climbing to roller derby!
- Community Transitional School – Creates a stable educational environment for homeless youth by providing transportation to and from school, regardless of when, where or how often the students are moved or displaced.
- De la Salle North Catholic High School – Provides college preparatory education to low-income, underserved students in North Portland.
- Franklin High School Foods Program – Allows low-income students the opportunity to learn about nutrition by cooking and sharing meals with homeless youth.
- Girls Inc. of the Pacific Northwest – Empowers girls to realize their greater potential through gender-specific programming, with an emphasis on science, technology, engineering and math studies and careers.
- Maverick Main Stage Productions – Cultivates the creativity and talent of underserved youth through theatrical production.
- Portland YouthBuilders – Develops and supports education and career aspirations for students who have dropped out of high school.
- REACH Community Development – Provides housing assistance and economic stability programming to low-income families.