We’re excited to announce that the new Windermere Real Estate Search App is now available to download in the iTunes App Store. This free app, available for iPhones with iOS version 5 or higher, has many great features including:
- GPS based Nearby Listings & Nearby Open Houses
- Google Points of Interest near you and near a specific property
- Property search by location
- Agent and Office Search
- myWindermere features including:
- Driving Tours
- My Favorites
- My Saved Searches
- My Agent
- Listing Details with all the information available on the website as well as “More Like This” which shows similar listings
The Search App Home Screen
The home screen includes:
- “Nearby Listings” links to the Search map showing nearby properties based on the user’s location.
- The main image of properties closest to the user’s location showing the closest property first, their distance from the user, address, beds / baths, and price. On click of this image the user will be taken to the details page for that property.
- A link to “Search All Listings” showing users properties from their previous search from their phone; or if it is their first time clicking on it they will be taken to a map with Nearby Listings.
- “Nearby Open Houses” shows nearby Open Houses today on a Map within a one-mile radius of the user’s GPS location
- myWindermere Sign In / Register / and Sign Out buttons and shortcuts to “Favorites”, “Saved Searches”, and “My Driving Tours”
- Sharing of links to download the app on the iTunes App Store from Facebook & Twitter.
- The main navigation of the app takes the user to:
Nearby Homes for Sale, Open Houses, and Points of Interest including Restaurants and Shopping
Property Search with Map and List Views and all the options available on Windermere.com
My Favorites from the user’s myWindermere account
and More which includes links to:
- Find an Agent or Office
- Find an Agent by name
- Find a nearby office
- My Agent showing the user’s myWindermere Associated Agent
- Driving Tours
- Saved Searches
- Manage My Account for editing the user’s myWindermere name, email address, and password
The map search shows 50 listings at one time:
“List” shows the search results in a list view:
To modify the search results users can zoom in and out while on the Map, or click “Options”:
Users can save the search while on the map; a myWindermere account is required just like on the web.
The Property Details includes the data about the property, as well as the following features that are also on Windermere.com:
- View property images
- Ability to comment on the property, and view the user’s associated agent’s comments
- Add / Remove the property from Favorites
- Send a link to the property on Windermere.com via email
- Share a link to the property on Windermere.com via Facebook and Twitter
- Hide to exclude the property from appearing in search results
- Map this Listing which includes a link to get driving directions
- Contact links for additional information about the property
And these new features:
- “More Like This” shows the user similar listings within a one mile radius.
- “Add to Driving Tour” allows the user to create a new tour to add the property to, or they can add to an existing Driving Tour.
- “What’s Nearby” takes the user to a map view of nearby Google Points of Interest:
Users can add multiple properties to a Driving Tour, and have the tour route optimized by Google. They can then view the tour on a map, or in a list. In list view they can view turn-by-turn directions.
Driving Tour Map View
Driving Tour List View
Driving Tours can be emailed to the user’s contacts on their phone using the phone’s email client:
To download the app, search for “Windermere Real Estate Search App” in iTunes App Store, or click here from your iPhone: